Sunday, May 21, 2006

What is New?

I have a new job - in my field, unionized = pension, real benefits. My last day at the old job was last Thursday. Life is good.

Watched the Movie Trembling before G-d, as recommended by Aaron. Thank you Aaron. . . and Netflix. Wonderful documentary about the struggle of gay and lesbian conservative Jewish people, some married. It actually deals some with the struggle of the spouses.

Coordinated a rummage sale / bake sale at my church over the weekend (raised some money for Habitat for Humanity). Very busy, very tired. Spent a lot of time with church people who love me (us). I think that I went a whole day without thinking about the "gay thing." I almost feel normal. Am wondering if all of this is just really pushed down, or if I am just giving myself a respite from thinking about it, or if we are going to be okay. For now, I am hanging back and trying not to dwell on it. It will sort itself out as long as I am careful not to push things down.

Bea

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

I've been thinking about you both and wondering how you're doing. Glad to see things are going so well. Congratulations on the new job! Hope everything goes smoothly and you really enjoy it.

Monday, May 22, 2006 10:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home